Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mayor Karen Liot Hill

Back on February 12th - the day of Dr. Buckey's Senate withdrawal - I wrote here about a fellow Young Democrat:

Karen Liot Hill is a super-talented Young Dem and I'm confident ... no, I know ... she will be a salient voice for progressive issues now and for many years to come. She's a key Young Democratic leader to keep your eyes on.
Only six weeks later I hate to say "I told you so," but, ... well, for those of us outside of the Upper Valley there's great news: yesterday Karen was elected Mayor of Lebanon!

Lebanon is a great place - home to our state's two largest private employers (Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and DH Eye Clinic) and filled with young, self-motivated residents that comprise much of the backbone of the NH Democratic Party. Now that great place has a dynamic and progressive new leader. Karen and so many others give me hope that Young Democrats are quietly, yet assuredly, making N.H. a better state, community-by-community.

There has never been a more important time for young people to serve our communities. Congratulations Karen.

No comments: