Saturday, July 26, 2008

100 Days, 100 Articles

July 26th marked 100 days left until the 2008 Election.

For us here in New Hampshire, we've already had a long journey towards this election due to our status with the First in the Nation Primary, but today is a milestone towards the beginning of the end.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Andrew Sylvia. I am a candidate for State Representative in the district of Hillsborough 19, which consists of my hometown: Merrimack.

Over the next 100 days, I aim to write 100 articles about the stories I see on the campaign trail here at the bottom of the ticket. I will try to focus most of the stories here on Merrimack, particularly the stories of the average voter on the street.

I may write more than 100 articles, I may write less than 100 articles, I may write controversial statements, I may write stories you find dull, I may write partisan propaganda or post-partisan drivel, I may write about just about anything, but I will write and I will show you what I see because that is part of who I am, and who I will be if I am to be elected as a State Legislator.

There are only two things I can promise in these campaign journals.

Other than the only things I can normally promise, I will not use any names unless in praise of someone, if the person is already a public figure and it's necessary to advance the narrative, or i've been explicitly asked to by the person themselves.

I also won't share anything that people have asked me to keep confidential that isn't unethical. I'm sure it will take alot up in Concord to build enough trust with other legislators to get the votes I'll need to pass the legislation my constituents will want, and it's hard to build trust when you're blabbing about what everyone else is saying and doing as I have found out the hard way.

I look forward to sharing this journey towards election day with all of you.

No comments: