Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Grandma Who Gave Three Dollars

It's always refreshing when you knock on a door and you don't get someone screaming at you or completely indifferent to state politics.

I've had a few instances like that, but one in particular has really stuck in my mind. There was a little old lady a week or so ago that saw that I was running for office and out of the blue gave me three dollars. She was just so grateful that someone asked for her vote it seems.

She's asked me not to reveal her name, so if you think you know who i'm talking about, it's somebody else. Still, I wanted to thank her publically even though I know she might feel embarrased that I am thanking her.

She shouldn't. It'd be nice if we could all try to be nicer to each other, and if at all possible, perform a kind deed like she did.

No comments: