Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Phantom Oil Drilling Platform Off Hampton Beach

The other day I knocked on the door of an older Republican couple. The man answered the door, and his wife then came over.

They were friendly, fair, and forthright, and we had a good conversation, and I think we stuck up a rapport.

For the most part, it was a pretty average conversation, whether it be from the perspective of a Merrimack voter (they talked about toll booths), a Republican voter (they talked about taxes), or an average voter (they talked about politicians suck).

However, there was one thing that caught me, and that was how the wife asked me why the state of New Hampshire doesn't drill for oil off Hampton Beach.

I was a little perplexed, considering there is no oil off the shores of Hampton Beach, but she swore she saw an oil drilling platform out there. Considering I haven't been to Hampton Beach in around a year, and that was at night, I decided to be diplomatic and try and change the subject gingerly.

Since it's a Federal rather than a State issue, i'll let the big wigs discuss the issue considering there isn't any oil off the shores of New Hampshire. In the meantime though, if anyone knows what the oil drilling platform this woman is talking about actually is, that'd be interesting to hear.

No comments: