Saturday, September 13, 2008

Post-Primary Day Stats

Now that the Primary is over, I figured it would be a good time to report stats so far.

To date, my campaign has identified 915 voters at 491 different homes. I was aiming for 1,000, but including the random contacts on the 4th of July as well as occasional knocks on doors without recognized registered voters, i've probably reached that goal.

In the fundraising department, i've hit my goal of $1,000, raising $1,007.85 from 35 different people, an average contribution of $28.79, 17 of those donations were $25 or under, and only one of them came from someone who did not live in New Hampshire, although since they have moved here.

However, that may change since I haven't asked anyone in my extended family for campaign contributions yet. If my aunts in New Jersey aren't a special interest i'm beholden to, i'll never hear the end of it at Christmas.

In terms of visibility, i'm up to 67 signs on lawns and businesses across town. My goal before election day is 100, which seems within reach.

Those lawns share space with signs from Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Kenney, John Lynch, Jeanne Shaheen, John Sununu, Carol Shea Porter, John Steven, Bill Boyd, Deb Pignatelli, Mike Kaelin, Jim O'Neil, Kim Kojak, Pete Hinkle, Peter Batula, Bob L'Hereaux and Dick Hinch.

It might seem strange to share critical campaign benchmarks like this in fear that my opponents will see that I have not reached my goals or it will give them something to gauge their own internal efforts by.

However, that's part of the beauty of being at the bottom of the ticket as well as the complexity of Merrimack politics.

Of my 15 combined opponents in both major parties, so far five of them have my sign on their lawn, including a Republican. I'd probably be able to get that sign on another three or four if it weren't for the fact that they live in Condos.

Each one of my opponents is a saavy campaigner and cannot be underestimated, but my biggest opponent is myself.

No comments: